- Why would I choose “Verdura” Bamboo Flooring over traditional hardwood flooring?
Bamboo is a “grass”- not wood. It is environmental sustainable; harvested from sustainable managed bamboo forest every 5 to 6 years, compare to 50 years plus for hardwood forest – a truly renewable resource to replace traditional hardwood flooring.
- Stability – Bamboo flooring is an extremely stable hardwood, a true reliable and consistent product.
- Value – Reasonably prices comparable to hardwood timber
- Termite resistant – 99.5% resistant to termites
- Healthy – No toxic fumes. With 0.01mg formaldehyde per cubic meter of air (<E1), the adhesive used to laminate the Bamboo strips that form the flooring. Off-gases 16% less than the European Standards (EN) of 0.13mg.
- As the boards are pre-finished, can they be re-sanded later?
Yes. Bamboo flooring can be typically re-finished as you would for hardwood flooring. For flooring with stained colour please consults with qualified trade-person.
- What type of finish (coating) is used and is it scratch resistant?
All our solid Bamboo flooring is protected against insects, rot and mildew during the manufacturing process. The surfaces are pre-finished with 8 layers German manufactured ‘KLUMPP’ water-based Polyurethane. The finishes are standard Semi-Gloss or Matt (High-Gloss by special order). Just like hardwood flooring all care should be taken to protect the finish. It is scratch resistant but damage caused by negligence or improper maintenance would void the warranty.
- What about Stiletto High Heels?
High heels concentrate a person’s weight on a small point (estimate: 60kg person = approximately 150kg per square centimetre when taking a normal step). This kind of force can damage many types of flooring, fracturing ceramic tiles and perforating vinyl, as well as denting timber floors. While high heels in good condition may not damage bamboo floors, we recommend a ‘no high heel’ policy where practical.
- Is bamboo flooring durable?
Yes, absolutely! The definition of ‘durable’ is capable of lasting, resisting wear. Most people related to “durability” as wear. By comparison the Vertical & Horizontal styles are comparable in hardness (wear) to Jarrah flooring; however the Strand Woven flooring is the 2nd hardest flooring on the planet – harder than all Australian hardwood timbers. Yes extremely durable!
- Can I install bamboo flooring myself?
Yes you can. A home handyman with carpentry skills can install with appropriate guidelines.
- What about warranty?
Lifetime limited residential, 10 years limited commercial (Includes joint integrity)